One of our eat-and-go places for lunch is Pink Swirl, which has always been one of my favourites.
(FYI: The other eat-and-go place for lunch is Qoola at Aberdeen Centre :))
#1040-4540 No.3 Rd, Richmond BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Formerly known as Sushi World
- Wed-Mon 11am-9pm
- Closed on Tuesdays
- Cash only
- Dine in/Take out
- Many special rolls available
- Super-friendly services
- Slush and fat-free yoghurt shakes available
- Frozen yoghurt (with 1 topping) available
- Rice bowls, combos and sashimi available
- Cheap eats
- Sticky tables (Yikes!)
- Gluten-free friendly
- Free Wi-fi
- Flexible choice
- Every time I visit Pink Swirl, I notice there are some changes in their (take out) menu. It's not the food/items they have changed, but the fonts and the pictures seem to be getting clearer.
- Tastes like smoothies but its very refreshing.
- It's thick! The fruit's flavour is strong, but I can't taste any yoghurt flavour though.
- I think it's worth it for such a big cup.
Originally, I planned to order their bestseller-Tokyo Roll as usual. But EU suggested that we should try something new, so we ordered...
Vancouver Roll & Sakura Roll-3/6 (for Vancouver Roll), 2/6 (for Sakura Roll)
- Salmon, tuna, kappa, green-masago wrap with rice crepe (description from menu)
- Instead of green-masago, we actually had orange and black masago. (Is this a good thing or a bad thing? ;))
- The Sakura Roll is disappointing. We thought the "rice crepe" would be something special like the Tokyo Roll. However, it's a thin and transparent piece of "crepe".
- The crepe is very tough.
- The fillings are very little. They only gave us small pieces of tuna and salmon in each roll.
- Their tuna and salmon are too mushy for my liking.
- Similar to the Vancouver Roll, the rice has that vinegar flavour but it's not the regular one I have.
*Extra: I have tried their frozen yoghurt before. It's cheap, and the texture and flavour are acceptable. Also, you can always get more than you expected from the owner! ;D He once gave me an over-height fro-yo with more than 1 topping!
After today, EU and I decided not to take any risks in Pink Swirl next time.