Chau Kitchen & Bar
#1500 Robson St, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Modern Vietnamese restaurant
- Lunch and dinner available
- Late night
- Opens daily
- Free parking at rear
- Light flavoured dishes; healthier choice
- Many vegetarian choices available
- Simple menu (1 page only)
- I can't tell whether it's fresh or not, but I like the fact that it's not too sweet.
- It has a generous amount of lychee chunks! Yum!
- Hmm...nothing special about this drink.
- I took a sip and it's not too sweet as well.
- I'm guessing maybe this drink is from the bottled aloe vera juice you find in the supermarket.
- Again there's nothing special about this drink.
Buddah Bowl (1/2 order)-5/6
- $7.5/1/2 order $12/1 order
- Mushroom, lychee, and date stock served with tou, rice noodles and seasonal vegetables
- The date stock tastes really special to us, but I wish the date flavour can be stronger.
- I am not a fan of cilantro but I actually like the cilantro flavour in this bowl. It gives the flavour and smell this Buddah Bowl.
- The rice noodles are not too soft and they are still very chewy. EU likes it a lot.
- EU tried the date and she loves it! She said it's really sweet :)
- Overall, it's a refreshing dish.
- Fried tofu, vegetarian ham, vegetables and rice noodles served with tomato sauce
- It is loaded with fried tofu! It's a bit dry for my liking, but it goes well with the tomato sauce.
- The vegetarian ham is not hard and is a little bit chewy.
- The rice noodles are actually underneath the vegetables. They are not as chewy as the ones in the Buddah Bowl, but they taste good with the tomato sauce.
- There are tomato chunks in the sauce, but I wish they can give me more.
- The sauce is fresh and well-seasoned. It's definitely not the ones you find in the supermarkets!
For a non-beef-eater like me (due to my allergy), I have always wanted to try some Vietnamese cuisine. Also, I'm tired of ordering chicken from Vietnamese restaurants. I really want to try some authentic Vietnamese dishes WITHOUT beef and chicken.
Despite Chau is not 100% authentic, it still has that Vietnamese taste! Their food may look simple, but I find most of them are really special that you may not able to find in other restaurants. I will sure come back and try more! :)