When you are thinking about summer, what food comes to mind immediately? Ice-cream. Shaved ice. Sweets. Chocolate. Aha, it's hard to resist those rich and good-looking gelato right? But at the same time, your superego reminds you of the itsy-bitsy bikinis and, those hot and sexy tops and bottoms you bought. *Scream* Be calm! Here's a recipe for a fast, healthy and delicious snack, which you can make for house-parties/picnics.
- Mix & match! You can change tomatoes into other ingredients, such as bell peppers. Of course, you can change the fillings as well. Just use whatever you like to eat and remember to have fun :)
- Practice creativity
- Snack (house-parties, picnics, teas), appetizer, brunch/lunch, dinner
- You can change this recipe into a main-dish! (I will talk more about it at the end)
- Tomatoes 8 no. (medium size)
- Tuna fish 1 can
- Egg 1 no.
- Pasta 50g
- Mayonnaise 3 Tbsp.
- Salt and pepper
- Boil pasta until cooked. Then boil egg and set aside.
- Cut tops off tomatoes. Scoop out the pulps (You can use a paring knife or a grapefruit knife).
- Turn tomatoes upside down to drain. Use a paper towel to dry them gently.
- Sprinkle the inside of tomatoes with salt and peper
- Open the can of tuna fish and drain off all the water.
- Transfer tuna fish to a large mixing bowl. Add in mayonnaise, pepper and salt.
- Remove egg yolk from white. Dice egg white finely and add into the mixture.
- Combine the pasta with the mixed fillings.
- Fill tomatoes cases with the filling.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Chill and serve cold on lettuce leaves.
Sounds simple isn't it? Just prepare all the ingredients and mix them together for the filling. Then you can enjoy stuffing some red, delicious tomatoes!
By giving this appetizer/snack a twist, you can change the fillings into breadcrumbs and Gorgonzola cheese. Then roast the stuffed tomatoes until the the bottoms have turned brown. It may only take 3-5mins.
Then you will have a yummy main-dish! :D Now, get ready to scoop some pulps and stuff tomatoes! Enjoy!