I am a huge fan of egg waffles and have heard people saying Rainbow Cafe makes the best egg waffles in Richmond. For that reason, its egg waffles are more expensive than the others ($3.75/each if I'm right). Curious enough, I gave it a try last Christmas. So, any surprise? NO, not at all. The egg waffle was too crispy for my liking, and it was not chewy enough. The waffle was too thin for an egg waffle! I felt ripped off afterwards.
This time, EU wanted to try their waffles. So we chose Order #2, which is two waffles with fillings between them. However, we asked the lady not to put anything on the waffles because we wanted to try the flavour and texture of the waffles. Most importantly, we like plain waffles without the overly-sweetened sauce ;)
4380 No.3 Rd, Richmond BC (in Parker Place's food court)
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
Food: 1 (only their food)
- Run by Chinese: two ladies and a man
- Egg waffles, waffles and egg rolls (not the circular ones; they have the squared ones) available
- Bubble teas available
- Popular to Chinese
- Famous for egg waffles
Plain Waffle (without filling)-1/6
- This photo is actually half of the waffles.
- They put the waffle in the paper bag right away, which makes the waffle very soft.
- The egg flavour is very heavy in this waffle;you can smell right away after it's done.
- Compare to their egg waffles, this plain waffle is denser and thicker.
- I don't know if you can tell from the photo or not, it is too soft for my liking. The sides, which are supposed to be crispy, are not crispy at all.
EU was very disappointed with their waffle as well. Speaking of egg waffles, EU thinks Bubble Queen makes the best ones in Richmond. If anyone knows any good places for egg waffles, please let me know. I will be very pleased to try the good/best egg waffles in Richmond and in Vancouver :)