- Fun! Just make all ingredients together then you're done!
- Any sweets at home? Use them so you don't have to buy extra ingredients for this recipe.
- Practice creativity
- Snack (tea, party), lunch
- A fun way for children to learn how to cook
Ingredients: (make about 6 mini cakes)
- Plain flour 100g
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Salt a pinch
- Castor sugar 50g
- Margarine 50g
- Egg 1/2
- Raisins 15g
- Chocolate chips 15g
- Milk 1/2 tbsp.
*You can change the ingredients for the Rock Cakes. I've chosen raisins and chocolate chips for this recipe, but you can add marshmellow for Rocky Road Cakes, apples for Apple & Cinnamon Cakes, berries for Mix Berries Cakes, etc etc.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Grease baking sheet. You can use PAM spray or just use parchment paper.
- Sieve flour with salt and baking powder.
- Beat egg.
- Rub fat into flour with finger tips until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the flour, pour in beaten egg and mix well.
- Add milk if necessary to mix to a stiff dough.
- Divide into equal portions and shape with a fork and spoon.
- Bake until well risen and golden brown. This takes about 15mins. Then cool on a cooling rack.
Easy enough? Just by using this simple and easy recipe, you can create different types of Rock Cakes you want. Now, indulge yourself with this chewy ROCK Cakes! ENJOY!