Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hue Cafe

After having a Viet sub in Viet Sub at downtown, EU and I have been looking for the next Vietnamese restaurant to give their subs a try. There is a tiny Vietnamese cafe on No.3 Rd (near Jumbo Sushi) that has caught my sight for a couple time, but since I'm not a fan of Vietnamese food, I didn't really bother to try their food.

EU is having her final exams lately, so we decided to find a grab-and-go restaurant. The first thing that came to EU's mind was Hue Cafe.


Hue Cafe
6620 No.3 Rd, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 2
Price: 2
Service: 3
Ambiance: 3
Overall: 2.5

  • Run by a Vietnamese family

  • Subs, phos and salad rolls available
  • Combos available
  • Dine in/Take out
  • Parking available
  • Cash only
We arrived at around 5:15pm, so we were the first customers in the shop. It was really quiet, and EU and I had made our decision right away!

Vietnamese Ham Sub-2/6
  • $3.75
  • 3 types of ham, carrot, onions, cilantro, mayo and butter
  • Judging by its outlook, I was really excited to give the baguette a big bite! *Bite* The baguette looked better than it taste. The crust was way too crunchy for my liking. And for a freshly made sub, it was lukewarm. I was not impressed by their baguette :(
  • After munching the bread, I decided to take a look at the fillings because it did not look like there were much filling inside. So, I opened it a little...


  • Aha, looks good. Then I took another big bite. To be honest, it was not tasty at all even though they had added some sauce.
  • EU reminded me there should be 3 types of ham, so I tried to tear off a little bit and gave it a try. Since I ate it without any sauce from the baguette, it was completely tasteless.
  • Apart from the taste, the ham plus other ingredients were too thin for such a crunchy baguette! Maybe if they have given us more fillings, the result would be better.

I was quite disappointed when I left Hue Cafe. Despite this was the second Viet sub I had, I will rather pay $3.25 for a better sub from Viet Sub.

By the way, Happy Earth Day! :D

Hue Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment