Pages

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Yellow Dots Cafe-The best Ginger Tea in Richmond?

Should I use the phrase "City of the Dead" to describe today?

EU and I did drive to Pacific Centre; HOWEVER, it was closed on Easter sunday! So we decided to drive back to Richmond and planned to have a walk in Richmond Centre.
Ok, after we arrived Richmond Centre, we found out it's closed on Easter sunday as well! Sad enough, I suggested to make a visit to Parker Place because it's an Asian mall, so maybe it would open today.

Yes, I was right ;) It was about 3 o'clock and EU and I were a bit thirsty, so we decided to buy a drink in the foodcourt. To be honest, I am never a fan of Parker Place's food court because it is too crowded for me. Also, I don't like the atmosphere of the food court. Thus, it was a surprise to EU that I suggested going to Parker Place's food court for a drink. Eu wanted to drink some hot tea instead of the Taiwanese bubble teas, so the only choice for us is...Yellow Dots Cafe.
Yellow Dots Cafe
4380 No.3 Rd, Richmond BC (in Parker Place's food court)

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a (I only tried one of their drinks)
Price: 4.5
Services: 5.5
Ambiance: n/a
Overall: n/a
  • Drinks, snacks and ice-creams available
  • Run by Chinese

  • Focus on coffees
Ginger Longan Tea (Large)-6/6
  • $4
  • LOADED with ginger and longan
  • I love the spiciness of ginger, and they did a great job here. The tea is very spicy enough for my liking.
  • I told them not to add any sugar, and again they did a great job (I know many Taiwanese restaurants/bubble tea stores still add sugar even though you tell them not to).
  • Because the tea is pure hot water+ginger (without the sugar), I suggest to leave the ginger in for awhile before drinking.
  • There are many longans in the tea! Their longans are not as soft as the ones I had before; they are still chewy after staying in the tea for awhile.
Dates and Longan Tea-n/a
  • $4
  • Also it is LOADED with dates, longan and wolfberries.
  • This tea is also no sugar added. EU likes it a lot.
  • I didn't get to try this so I'm not sure about the taste of the ingredients and the tea.

EU said $4 for a large size hot tea was a bit expensive compare to other Taiwanese restaurants; however, we are really surprised with the hot teas from Yellow Dots Cafe, and we both agree that $4 is worth it :)

I will come back to give their coffee a try!

Yellow Dots Café (Parker Place) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment