Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bubble Queen #2

After visiting Bubble Queen on Monday, I have been craving for their Matcha Red Beans Egg Waffle lately! So...I decided to satisfy my craving tonight, with my foodie buddy, EU, again.

Bubble Queen
1200-8888 Odlin Crescent, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 6 (only based on their egg waffles; but I know everyone has a different taste on egg waffles)
Price: 5.5
Service: 6
Ambiance: 5.5
Overall: 6
  • Mon-Thur 2pm-9pm Fri 2pm-midnight Sat 12pm-midnight Sun 12pm-6pm
  • Cozy place; suitable for teenagers
  • Super friendly and patient owner (Vivian)
  • Large variety of drinks available
  • Flexible choices
  • Egg waffles (aka Bubble waffles), snacks, thick sliced toasts, casual meals and seasonal desserts available
  • Many egg waffle flavours available (Is Bubble Queen the only restaurant to offer different flavours of egg waffles?)
  • Magazines available (English, Chinese and Japanese)
  • Free Wi-fi
  • TV on the wall
  • Dine in/Take out
  • Popular to locals (esp. teenagers)
  • Take-out menus are not 100% accurate; the menu they have is more detailed and has more choices!
    (For more detailed menus, please visit a little sweet treat for Eu)
  • Limited seatings
  • *Remember to check the pictures here and the white/glass board next to their counter! All the new flavours of both drinks and egg waffles are on the board!

We arrived about 5:40pm and we were the only customers at that time. The owner, Vivian, was not there, but there's another young lady busy preparing some batter. About 6pm, more and more people arrived and had almost filled up the whole store!

Blueberry Slush with Aloe Vera Cubes-5.5/6
  • $4 ($3 for drink, +$1 for Aloe Vera Cubes)
  • Made from frozen blueberries
  • I don't think they blend in any ice. It's thick but not icy. I like it.
  • I ordered "No Sugar Added", and they really did a good job on that :) It's 100% unsweetened (Well, I know some bubble tea places normally ignore this request).

  • Loaded with Aloe Vera CHUNKS!
Matcha Red Beans Egg Waffle-6/6
  • $3.50
  • One of their new flavours
  • Like last time, I asked for a thicker batter for this waffle. And the result...it was served warm, very chewy and very soft! It was very soft and chewy that I could gently tear them apart (see below photo)! I like the texture very much!


  • LOADED with red beans!!!
  • The red beans were not overly-sweetened.
  • BOTH green tea and red bean flavour were there!
  • With +$0.50 more than the regular ones, I think this is totally worth it.

(Image from a little sweet treat for Eu)

Oreo Cookie Egg Waffle-4/6

  • $3.50
  • One of their new flavours
  • You can compare this egg waffle with the one I had. Apparently, this is harder than the Matcha one. I think it's a bit too hard and crispy for my liking, but EU likes it a lot.

  • Same as the one I had, this was LOADED with oreo cookies!

*EU also ordered a Raspberry Slush with Aloe Vera Cubes, you can visit her blog for more info on that :)


Bubble Queen on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Muahaha~ Somehow looking through your blog, my Oreo egg waffle really seems so hard! So hard that it can actually stands on the two sides! Hahaha! But I really like it! Your Green Tea Red Bean waffles seems so good as well! The red beans were melted upon heating~~ Awww~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! Can you stop describing the red beans? It's in the middle of the night and you're making me craving for this little beast again! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Seriouly, I'll bring you to Kolachy so there is a savoury item for you to crave for :D

    ReplyDelete