Pages

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Aunt Jemima Pancakes!

Pancakes. Almost a staple to my LIFE. I don't care whether they are hotcakes/pancakes, as long as they are good and fluffy, I'm ready to chow down...maybe 4 pieces at one time? (FYI I just had 4 delicious pancakes for dinner. It's heaven!) Also, who doesn't love pancakes?

My foodie buddy EU has bought a box of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake Powder recently. So we decided to make some home-made pancakes for dinner.

Before I start to introduce this pancake powder, let me show you the evolution of Aunt Jemima! ;)

-1930-

-1943- -1954-
All images from Found in Mom's Basement


Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
Price: $3.99
Place to buy: You can find it in most supermarkets
  • Convenient; "Just Add Water"
  • According to EU, it is comparatively healthier than other pancake powder
  • Does not have that "egg" flavour because it's an instand mixture
  • Other flavours available

If you want to make some easy, fast, and delicious snacks at home, I recommend you to check this out :) It is really quick and easy to make. Also, if you have kids at home, making pancakes/hotcakes is definitely an easy way to help them learn how to cook ;) ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know you really love pancakes! 4 in a roll is really crazy! Well... I enjoyed it too! Let's eat it bit by bit next time! LOL~ Btw, love the vintage articles. Didn't know that Aunt Jemima used to be that fat! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I didn't realize her "size" (I mean physically). But I don notice her hairstyle is always changing!
    Oh I can have more vintage posts soon then. I have lots of vintage photos in my folder.

    ReplyDelete