Secret Garden Tea Company
#5559 West Blvd, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Authentic high-tea place
- Mon-Sat 8am-7pm Sun 9am-6pm
- Traditional high-tea sets (with three-tiered tray) available
- Breakfast and lunch available
- Snacks are also available
- Large variety of teas available
- Super friendly staffs
- Kid-friendly, cozy place
- Suitable for all ages
- Price is a bit higher compare to other cafes or restaurants for a quick snack
- You can purchase their teas if you want
- Popular to locals
- Cute and fancy cups and plates
- Dine in/Take out (48hrs notice is required)
- Occasion to celebrate: tea parties, luncheons, baby showers, family outing, anniversaries, office parties, birthday parties, memorial services, garden parties and picnics. You can call them to help plan a personalized menu.
- $25.95 for adults, $16.95 for children (8 years old or below)
- Reservations can be made for: 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm, every day of the week
- Your selected tea + three-tiered tray (including miniature pastries, sweets, sweet scones, Devon cream, raspberry jam, and sandwiches)
- They change the items every month
- They will refill hot water to your teapots
- Unlike last time, you can actually see there's a "theme" for the tea set this time. Since it was October, they gave us 2 types of pumpkin-flavoured sweets/savouries.
Lavender Earl Grey-5.5/6
- French Blue Lavender joins with Earl Grey
- As I've mentioned in the first visit, I like how they have given each teapot a coat in order to keep it warm
- Egg salad pinwheels, mini sandwiches (with roasted turkey with cranberry relish) and mini croissants (I don't remember what the fillings are)
- Again, I love their egg salad pinwheels! They are really soft, like marshmellows!
- I like the cranberry relish. It's refreshing with a hint of sweetness. If I am right, I think there are actually mashed cranberries in the relish.
- Raisin petite scones (come with jam and devonshire cream) and pumpkin loaves
- I always get excited when I see bread loaves in one of the tiers! Similar to last time, the mid tier contains scones and bread loaves. The pumpkin loaves we had is soft as usual but they would taste better with more pumpkin flavour.
- The raisin scones are crunchy but not hard. They are sprinkled with sugar but they are not very sweet overall.
- Lemon tarts, pumpkin cake and chocolate cake (with orange filling)
- Lemon tart is one of their signature items
- I love the lemon tarts! I love the solid lemon flavour. It is strong but it's not that sourness you get from the real lemon.
- The pumpkin cakes are really cute. It is a layered cake; different texture in each layer. I don't really remember how it tastes like though..
- The chocolate cake is simple; I have no comment on it. BUT! The filling costs EU and me a while to figure out that complicated flavour. We are still not sure whether the filling is orange or not, but since it is the closest flavour we can think of; I will say the cake has orange filling.