Originally, we planned to buy a loaf of pumpkin bread from Maple Castella; however, all pumpkin bread were already sold out when we got there :( So, EU came up with a brilliant idea-go to Bubble Queen and try their egg waffles! Egg waffles? Sure, why not? ;D
1200-8888 Odlin Crescent, Richmond BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Mon-Thur 2pm-9pm Fri 2pm-midnight Sat 12pm-midnight Sun 12pm-6pm
- Cozy place; suitable for teenagers
- Super friendly and patient owner (Vivian)
- Large variety of drinks available
- Flexible choices
- Egg waffles (aka Bubble waffles), snacks, thick sliced toasts, casual meals and seasonal desserts available
- Many egg waffle flavours available (Is Bubble Queen the only restaurant to offer different flavours of egg waffles?)
- Magazines available (English, Chinese and Japanese)
- Free Wi-fi
- TV on the wall
- Dine in/Take out
- Popular to locals (esp. teenagers)
- Take-out menus are not 100% accurate; the menu they have is more detailed and has more choices!
- Limited seatings
New Egg Waffle Flavours:
- Matcha Red Bean Bubble Waffle (Hardly recommend!)
- Oreo Bubble Waffle
- Green Apple & Cinnamon Bubble Waffle
- Strawberry & White-Choco-Chip Waffle
- Caramel Coffe & Toffee Chip
When EU and I arrived, Vivian was very busy making a new batter. She told us we needed to wait for 30mins. Since I really wanted to try their egg waffles, I would surely wait for 30mins. Not to mention, I would even willing to wait for an hour! ;)
We went to the nearby Aberdeen Centre and when we returned to Bubble Queen, I saw an Egg Waffle was already on the cooling rack.Matcha Egg Waffle-4/6
- The matcha flavour is rich but not overly bitter. I'm glad that it actually has the matcha flavour, just to give me a "fresh" feeling.
- I know some people may like it, but the waffle is too crispy and too hard for my liking. Maybe because the egg waffle has stayed too long on the cooling rack. This was made before we returned.
- The way they serve the egg waffle is really interesting. It's like an inverted taco on a plate.
- This is served warm and soft because it didn't stay on the cooling rack for too long. It was made after we returned.
- Same as the Matcha one, I can taste the egg flavour of this waffle.
- The waffle is chewy but I have had better ones.
After finishing two egg waffles, EU noticed the photos on the glass board were actually their new egg waffle flavours! She immediately saw Matcha and Red Beans Egg Waffle and said there are red beans in the waffle. What? Red beans in an egg waffle? Sounds interesting. Therefore, EU and I decided to give this new flavour a try.
(Image from a little sweet treat for Eu)
Matcha and Red Beans Egg Waffle-6/6
- LOADED with red beans! As a fan of red beans, I am totally satisfied with this waffle!
- The red beans are not overly-sweetened.
- Same as the Matcha Egg Waffle, I can taste the matcha flavour. But because this waffle has red beans, its matcha flavour is not as strong as the original Matcha Egg Waffle.
- When I ordered this, I told Vivian to make it denser. As a result, the waffle does taste chewier. I like it...very much :)
- This costs $0.50 more than the regular ones, but I think it's TOTALLY WORTH IT!
- $4 ($3 for drink, +$1 for Aloe Vera Cubes)
- Loaded with Aloe Vera CHUNKS!
- At first when I ordered "No Sugar Added", Vivian informed me that the red dates are from the syrup. She then suggested me to use the fresh red dates they have, but it would take them extra 5mins to boil them first. I was surprised that they offer fresh red dates! Therefore, I opted for this drink with some Aloe Vera Cubes.
Bubble Queen's Egg Waffles are the best ones I have had so far in Richmond. Their services are really impressive as well. During 5-6pm, many people came and Vivian was the only person there working. However, she's still very attentive and very patient to serve all customers.