#5559 West Blvd, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Authentic high-tea place
- Mon-Sat 8am-7pm Sun 9am-6pm
- Traditional high-tea sets (with three-tiered tray) available
- Breakfast and lunch available
- Snacks are also available
- Large variety of teas available
- Super friendly staffs
- Kid-friendly, cozy place
- Suitable for all ages
- Price is a bit higher compare to other cafes or restaurants for a quick snack
- You can purchase their teas if you want
- Popular to locals
- Cute and fancy cups and plates
- Dine in/Take out (48hrs notice is required)
Occasion to celebrate: tea parties, luncheons, baby showers, family outing, anniversaries, office parties, birthday parties, memorial services, garden parties and picnics. You can call them to help plan a personalized menu.
Premium High Tea Set (for two)-5.5/6
- $25.95 for adults, $16.95 for children (8 years old or below)
- Reservations can be made for: 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm, every day of the week
- Your selected tea + three-tiered tray (including miniature pastries, sweets, sweet scones, Devon cream, raspberry jam, and sandwiches)
- They change the items every month
- They will refill hot water to your teapots
- Since this is my first visit and first time trying a traditional three-tiered tray high-tea set, I find this really special and unique
- Earl grey and jasmine
- It is one of their bestsellers
- You can add milk if you like but I didn't; I like the bitterness of black teas
- Even though it's more like a decoration to add fanciness to the plates and teapots, I like how they have given each teapot a coat in order to keep it warm
- Egg salad pinwheels, mini sandwiches (with black forest ham, cheese and honey mustard) and mini croissants (with ham and cheese on top)
- I highly recommend their pinwheels! (especially the egg salad ones) They are so soft. I can't say the egg salad is mushy, but it is as soft as the bread.
- Everything is tiny but I suggest not to eat them in one bite! I like eating the mini sandwiches in layers ;)
- They give us the right amount for two people. This low tier may seem a lot but I'm sure you are still able to move on to the next tier, then to the top lier.
- Cranberry petite scones (come with jam and devonshire cream) and banana coconut loaves
- I like the banana coconut loaf more. While it may look like it's overly coated with coconut flakes, the banana flavour is still there.
- The scones are crunchy but not hard. You can add jam or cream if you like.
- Lemon tarts, fudge cakes and lemon cakes (actually I'm not sure about the name of this one)
- Lemon tart is one of their signature items
- I love the lemon tart! The lemon flavour is strong but it's not that sourness you get from the real lemon.
- The fudge cakes are acceptable. It is actually not as sweet as other typical desserts I had before.
- For the last one, I'm not sure whether the filling is lemon or other type of fruit. I have spent some time figuring out..but well, it still tastes good though.
I like Secret Garden Tea Company. Spending a relaxing afternoon there with my family and friends, sipping a cup of freshly made tea and indulge myself in those pretty bite-sized snacks are definitely a nice way to take a rest from a busy and chaotic week.