Dulcinea Chocolate Cafe
1118 Denman St, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
Food: 5.5 (only based on their desserts)
Price: n/a (Thanks for Kim's treat!)
- Mon-Thur 8am-11pm Fri 8am-12am Sat 11am-12am Sun 11am-11pm
- Authentic Spanish cafe
- Desserts, drinks, pastries and tapas available
- Apparently, they are famous in chocolate (and coffee?)
- Live music
- Free Wi-fi
- Limited seatings but it's a good place to hang out with friends
- Dark chocolate truffle cake
- It's not overly-sweetened chocolate, which is good :) I tried this first, and...I was s-p-e-e-c-h-l-e-s-s. However, it's a bit hard for my liking.
- High consistency; it's more like a fudge/brownie than a cake.
- Served with some whipped cream on the top and side, and sprinkled with some chocolate chips. EU enjoyed this a lot. She even ate slowly to enjoy every bite of the cake. Haha :D
- Amazing sinless cheesecake
- I didn't expect anything from cheesecake because I'm not a big cheese-eater and am not a cheesecake Pro. But this, oh my, it's sooo delicious! It's very rich in cheese flavour, but didn't make you feel bloated like you just had a pizza from Boston Pizza. Again, I was SPEECHLESS when I was having this.
- It's softer compare to the El Diabo. I'll definitely prefer this ;)
- Served with some whipped cream on the side, and dribbled with some melted chocolate. Yum!
- Served with their signature chocolate, 1528
- Churros are Spanish doughnuts and are a fried pastry made from potato dough. They are usually dipped in hot chocolate before eaten.
- It's soft and chewy in the middle but crunchy on the outside. This was my first time having churros and, they are really good. Same as the last two cakes I had, I was speechless.
- Their signature chocolate is very good as well. It's rich, not sweet but not bitter. A good way to indulge yourself with chocolate ;)
Nom nom nom nom nom....I will definitely come back for more chocolate!