Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Barefoot Kitchen-Land of the Lost

I can't say this is really a food post because...I had spent most of my lunch time enjoying the discussion on some interesting topics! I didn't really spend much time tasting the food (except the first dish). Anyway, I am still gonna post the photos up! ;)

It was nice meeting Kim (of I'm only here for the food! ) for lunch today. For some reason, EU chose to have lunch at Barefoot Kitchen. And since this was our first time to be there, we did have a hard time finding it in the beginning.
Barefoot Kitchen
1725 Davie St, Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a (As I've said in the beginning, I didn't really pay much attention to the food. Haha :D)
Price: n/a (Thanks for Kim's treat!)
Service: 5.5
Ambiance: n/a
Overall: n/a
  • Tapas, sushi, bento, curry, set and lunch available
  • Drinks and desserts available
  • Run by Japanese
Bull Duck
  • It says "Duck" but it's actually chicken.
  • I like the spiciness of the chicken. It made me want more!

(Image from Kim)

  • The onions were crunchy and went well with the sauce. I like mixing them with the rice I ordered (see below; after the hamburg set).
Nanban & Hamburg Set

  • Comes with a miso soup (see below)

(Images from Kim)

  • I didn't get to try the beef because I'm allergic to that. But I did try the nanban chicken. It was soft and tasty :) Again, I was too focused on the discussion while the food was in my mouth! Maybe I will try it again next time and will give more details on that.
Miso Soup

  • Comes with lunch
  • Includes seaweed and tofu
Saba Shioyaki
  • Saba + rice + vegetable salad + potato salad + mashed turnip (white thing next to the Saba)
  • I did enjoy this. I like the fishy-ness of the saba.

(Image from Kim)

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment