It was nice meeting Kim (of I'm only here for the food! ) for lunch today. For some reason, EU chose to have lunch at Barefoot Kitchen. And since this was our first time to be there, we did have a hard time finding it in the beginning.
1725 Davie St, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
Food: n/a (As I've said in the beginning, I didn't really pay much attention to the food. Haha :D)
Price: n/a (Thanks for Kim's treat!)
- Tapas, sushi, bento, curry, set and lunch available
- Drinks and desserts available
- Run by Japanese
- It says "Duck" but it's actually chicken.
- I like the spiciness of the chicken. It made me want more!
(Image from Kim)
- The onions were crunchy and went well with the sauce. I like mixing them with the rice I ordered (see below; after the hamburg set).
- Comes with a miso soup (see below)
(Images from Kim)
- I didn't get to try the beef because I'm allergic to that. But I did try the nanban chicken. It was soft and tasty :) Again, I was too focused on the discussion while the food was in my mouth! Maybe I will try it again next time and will give more details on that.
- Comes with lunch
- Includes seaweed and tofu
- Saba + rice + vegetable salad + potato salad + mashed turnip (white thing next to the Saba)
- I did enjoy this. I like the fishy-ness of the saba.
To be continued......