Originally, we planned to go last Sunday; however, we phoned them and they said it's closed on sundays! Disappointed enough since I was pretty desperate to try their buns (but I try not to keep my hope too high after hearing EU's glorifying their bun), we ended up having Maple Castella,which is a wonderful choice, of course.
So finally, despite today's rainy day, we decided to go Kolachy Co and gave those lil' buns a bite!
888 Beatty St, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- What are Kolachy actually? Please take a took at the picture below :)
"They are whole wheat buns stuffed with various savoury fillings!"
- Mon-Fri 7am-5pm Sat 8am-4pm Sun & Holidays Closed
- Soups and salads available
- Combos available (But I don't think they are good deals except the Breakfast Combo: Kolachy+Coffee $4.25)
- Desserts available; limited choices though
- Buns are divided into Morning ($3.50) and Afternoon ($4.25)
- Some buns are LOADED with fillings
- Their menu change daily
- Artisan whole wheat bread is baked fresh daily
- May be a bit expensive/not worth it for a stuffed bun (Chinese steamed buns anyone?)
- Chicken, ginger, garlic, soy sauce
- Just by looking at the bun, you can already see it is bursting with chicken chunks! Aha, a good start. I love seeing that ;)
- Flip over, the bottom didn't look appetizing. EU said her last visit was better.
- When I took the first bite, I really didn't find anything special. But when I took a big second bite, I couldn't stop myself saying "OMG!" because of their filling!
- As you can see from the picture above, it's (really) LOADED with chicken chunks!
- It is called Thai Chicken, so it must at least be a little bit spicy. Since I was craving for some spicy food this morning, that hint of spiciness was enough for me.
- Here comes the important part-the bun! Honestly, I didn't find it special. The texture was softer than normal bread though, and the crust was crunchy. Maybe because I was too overwhelmed by the filling!
- Egg, fresh salsa, onion, mixed pepper
- The bottom looked better this time, even though there was a little burnt on the side.
- The filling was not as much as the Thai Chicken, and it was more scrambled than I thought.
- Maybe because this bun contained vegetables, the bottom was a bit moist.
- Overall, this bun was lighter than the Thai Chicken. So if you decide to try two buns, try the Morning ones first!
Uhmmm.....I don't mean to stop you from visiting Kolachy Co, but when I took the first bite of the Huevos Rancheros, I found this...Yea I know it's gross, but don't stop yourself from giving them a try! They sure have nice buns loaded with different kinds of fillings. I know I was just too lucky today! Haha :D