Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twinkle 2-A Little Star...Jelly

Twinkle 2
#125-8291 Alexandra Rd, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 3.5 (haven't tried their snacks)
Price: 5
Servces: 4.5
Ambiance: 5
Overall: 4.5
  • Used to be a division of Twinkle 1 (also in Richmond Alexandra Rd), but I think they have separated now
  • Large variety of drinks
  • Popular and suitable for teenagers
  • Suitable for a large crowd
  • Group-games and magazines (mainly Chinese) available
  • Suitable for all ages
  • Taiwanese restaurant
  • Have different special drinks
  • Twinkle's special star-shaped jelly
  • Snacks available
  • Late night
Passion Fruit Green Tea Slush w/ Star Jelly and Oreo Cookie Slush w/ Star Jelly-5/6 (for Passion Fruit Slush), n/a (for Oreo Cookie Slush)
  • I forgot the price but I remember Twinkle 2's drinks are more expensive than other regular bubble tea places
  • Passion Fruit Green Tea Slush is so good! Its sweetness is suitable for me
  • The star jellies are really chewy. They have several flavours for you to choose on the menu, such as grape, apple, peach, etc.
  • I didn't try the Oreo Cookie Slush
  • The cups are bigger than I thought. Are they bigger than other regular bubble teas?
Chicken Teppanyaki With Rice-n/a
  • I didn't try this and sorry for not-so-appealing photo
  • I don't remember the exact price but I think it's about $7-8
  • It comes with some side veggies
Three Spice Chicken With Rice-3.5/6
  • It is also about $7-8
  • Their three spice chicken are acceptable but I have had better ones
  • The dish was served warm; I wish it could come hotter
  • Talking about presentation, to be honest, I don't like restaurants putting all sides, mains and rice/noodles together on a plate (maybe that's just me)

I know Twinkle 2 has snacks too. But I hope they can expand their food menu a bit. On the other hand, I was walking pass Twinkle 1 the other day and saw their food menu is richer than Twinkle 2! They actually have some Japanese style hotdogs as well! (Don't know what I mean? Think the famous Japadog in Vancouver downtown. AHA!)

I will sure come back for their drinks...but I will rather go to the nearby Well Tea for a quick Taiwanese snack/meal.


Twinkle 2 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment