Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Torarenbo-A restaurant that will never disappoint

Oh I know, nearly half of my food reviews are on Japanese food ;) This is not going to be an exception as well. As I've said in the Qoola at Aberdeen Centre review, it is one of the restaurants that is going to appear quite often in my blog. Other than Qoola, Torarenbo is another restaurant that has always been one of my TOP 10!

Torarenbo
#8191 Park Rd, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 5.5
Price: 5
Services: 5
Ambiance: 5.5
Overall: 5.5
  • shopkeepers are two Chinese, so I guess it's run by Chinese
  • Sun-Thur 11am-3pm 5pm-10pm
    Fri-Sat 11am-3pm 5pm-11pm
  • Dine in/Take out
  • they used to have three professional Japanese chefs in the sushi bar, but I think they only have two now
  • authentic Japanese restaurant
  • popular to Japanese/locals
  • have a large variety of menu
  • have many special rolls
  • different sushi combos available
  • available for lunch
Sockeye Salmon Sashimi & Tuna Sashimi-5.5/6 (for both)
  • again, I don't remember the price
  • Torarenbo has always been one of my favourite places to grab sashimi and satisfy my craving. Looking at this photo now really makes me want to give them a takeout order...yumyumyumyum
Sakura Roll & Negitoro Roll-5/6 (for Sakura Roll), 4/6 (for Negitoro Roll)
  • Sakura Roll: forget the price
  • Sakura Roll: chopped scallop with mango and tobiko on top
  • Negitoro Roll: $3.75
  • Sakura Roll is pretty interesting; surprisingly, the mango and the chopped scallop taste good together
  • toro in the Negitoro Roll is soft with the right amount of green onions, so the green onions' flavour didn't overwhelm the tori's taste
  • for some reasons, Negitoro Roll has always been EU and some of our friends' favourite
House Roll-4.5/6
  • $11.75/5pcs
  • salmon, tobiko, ebi tempura, unagi, avocado, and smoke salmon on top
  • it tastes good really, especially with that slice of smoke salmon on top..yummy!
  • some may find it expensive, but with that amount of filling in each roll, I think it's worth it
I've actually tried their other special rolls, but have always forgotten to take photos! I'm sure there will be more posts about Torarenbo in the future ;)

Torarenbo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment