Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Gyo-O

Every time when I hear "Gyo-O", the first thing comes to mind is their interesting interior design. I've always wanted to give them a try, and few weeks ago, EU and I had finally got the chance to check it out!

Gyo-O
#2137-3779 Sexsmith Road, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 4.5
Price: 4
Services: 5
Ambiance: 5
Overall: 5
  • authentic Japanese restaurant
  • chefs and waitresses are Japanese
  • Sun-Mon 12am-9pm
  • Closed on the 2nd Wednesday of every month
  • larger portions than typical izakaya places
  • a division of Gyoza King
  • famous for their Kaisen Don (Seafood rice bowl)
  • has a large variety of dons and udons
Tuna Tataki Salad-3.5/6
  • I don't really remember the name and the price of this dish
  • texture of tuna sashimi is ok
  • dressing is a bit overwhelming; I can't really taste the tuna :(
  • salad is fresh but nothing special really
Goma Miso Prawn Gyoza-4/6
  • $5.50
  • the amount of sauce is acceptable
  • EU wanted to try this because she knows Gyo-O is a division of Gyoza King, so she decided to try their "signature items"
  • to be honest, I didn't find anything special but I will sure give it another try when I visit Gyo-O/Gyoza King next time
Gyo-O Kaisen Don (Regular)-4.5/6
  • $12.50
  • their signature item
  • basically is a rice bowl with assorted sashimi slices
  • serve in a large bowl
  • rice and sashimi are in a good proportion

  • Gyo-O still has other Kaisen Dons on their menu
  • Well, I can't rate which sashimi is the best because I can't eat Ebi (prawn) and dont' eat Octopus. But if I do have to choose, I'll say tamago is the best!

Tuna Toro Tai Ryou Mori-5/6

  • again I don't remember the price
  • I decided to try this because I rarely see "tai ryou mori" on the menus
  • cooked/raw fish on top of 3 plain maki rolls, topped with some tobiko
  • cooked tuna toro is soft and taste well with the sushi rolls

EU and I actually wanted to try their desserts, but their special dessert that day was not really attractive to us, so we didn't try any.

I will definitely come back for their other choices. I will like to try the Tuna & Salmon Bukake Udon with Spicy Sauce, both Mixed Seaweed and Wakame Seaweed Udon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment