Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd-Mung Bean Journey #3

Tofu has always been one of my favourite food :) No matter it is the tofu skin, hard tofu, or soft tofu, as long as it's tofu, I'm ok with it.

Saturday night, after having dinner with EU, we decided to grab a dessert. But since I am not craving for any mung bean dessert (from Bubble Fruity or Dessert Kitchen), and for some reason, EU wanted to have some tofu that night. With a doubt, we end up in Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd for a quick tofu dessert.

Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd
#160-4231 Hazelbridge Way, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 5 (for their desserts only)
Price: 6
Services: 5.5
Ambiance: 2.5
Overall: 4.5
  • As you can see from its name, they are popular for their home-made tofu products
  • Drinks (soy bean milk), desserts, and snacks available
  • Large variety of desserts (actually the difference is the toppings you choose; the base is still tofu pudding)
  • Healthier dessert choices
  • Offer hot and cold desserts
  • Popular to Chinese
  • Tofu puddings are made fresh everyday
  • Late nights on Friday and Saturday
  • Limited parking spaces (or you can park in Aberdeen Centre)
  • Ginger syrup and plain syrup available
  • Dine in/Take out



Mung Beans & Tofu Pudding-4.5/6
  • $3.25
  • They microwaved the mung beans and put them on top of the tofu pudding
  • It is too watery for me
  • I chose mung beans (as always) because the picture on the menu looks so good! But when it looked different when it came. I wish they can give me more topping
  • The tofu pudding is not hot enough. I am sure it will be taste better if everything comes (smoking) hot
  • It is 100% pure-no preservative or sugar added (I'm not sure about the mung beans though)
  • You can choose to add either ginger syrup or plain syrup; you can find both bottles on the table so you can add as much as want
  • I'm not sure about this but EU told me that the ginger syrup is also a home-made product by Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd
Taro & Tofu Pudding-4/6
  • $3.25
  • Again the dessert appears to be really watery
  • I'm not a fan of taro but EU seemed to enjoy this dessert a lot, so I guess it must be pretty good

The also offer other snacks, including Chinese pastries and Cold Tofu Topped With Preserved Egg. I will like to come back and check out their snacks and drinks! :)


Excellent Tofu & Snack Ltd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment