Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Bubble Fruity-Mung Bean Journey #1

About two weeks ago, I was suffering from a bad flu. Luckily I took the medicine before the flu got worse. During that week/period, I was always craving for some Green Bean Dessert (aka Mung Bean Soup/Dessert) for no reason. This was my first Mung Bean Dessert in Richmond, and it didn't bring me disappointment; instead, I was surprised to find such quality in an ordinary dessert restaurant :)

Bubble Fruity
#180-8188 Saba Rd, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 6 (only based on the desserts we've ordered today)
Price: 6
Services: 5.5
Ambiance: 4
Overall: 5.5
  • run by a Chinese couple
  • desserts are made fresh daily
  • mostly Chinese desserts
  • noodle/vermicelli, sandwiches, toasts are avialable
  • large variety of Chinese desserts
Green Bean Soup-6/6
  • $4
  • please note that I give this a 6 not because it has satisfied my craving; it is surely delicious
  • loaded with mung beans and seaweed
  • you can still taste the texture of the mung beans
  • not too sweet
  • you can tell that they didn't reheat the desserts with a microwave; they reboil the desserts instead :)
Red Bean Soup-n/a
  • I didn't get the chance to try this so I can't rate it
  • also loaded with different kinds of ingredients
  • according to EU, it is not too sweet
  • the beans were still chewy
  • EU was totally satisfied with it
I will definitely come back for their other Chinese desserts! It is actually quite hard to find a traditional Chinese dessert restaurant here now...hmm I wonder why. Aren't Chinese desserts easier to make compare to the Western desserts?

P.S. I name the title "Mung Bean Journey #1" because I'm SURE that will be more posts about mung beans in the future ;)

Bubble Fruity on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. OMG, it's the red bean soup!!! This is one of the most delicious red bean soup I had! Mmmm~ A mouthful of mushy beans and lotus seeds, hot and slushy soup base... This is just so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me crave for mung beans every time when I look at the photo!
    Luckily it's location is nearer than Dessert Kitchen, which makes Mung Bean Dessert handy for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm on a search for black sesame dessert soup..any suggestions? Also I prefer desserts that are not overly sweet, how was this place for that?

    ReplyDelete