Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Banzai Sushi House-The biggest roll I've ever seen in my life!

This restaurant is not new to me. They are best known as having SUPER portion/size of sushi. Maybe you won't understand what I mean here, but I'm sure you will understand what a BIG SUSHI is after reading this post.

Banzai Sushi House
#40-8251 Westminster Hwy, Richmond BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 4.5
Price: 5.5
Services: 4.5
Ambiance: 4
Overall: 5
  • as I've mentioned, they serve large proportions
  • totally worth it (as in quantity)
  • focus on quantity rather than quality
  • run by Vietnamese
  • Sun-Mon 11am-9pm
  • popular to Chinese
  • Dine in/Take out (10% off for 1 day advance notice; 5%off for 2 hrs advance)
  • parking is available
  • a division of Samurai Sushi House (on Cambie)
  • large variety of sushi
  • different combos available
Wakame Salad-4.5/6
  • $3.50
  • honestly, they do give you a large plate of wakame salad
  • have cucumber strips underneath
  • sometimes the sauce can be overwhelming
  • nothing to shout about since it is pretty common in other restaurants as well
  • according to EU (yes again, there she is :)), they also serve a large plate of crab salad (FYI the filling you found in the california rolls)
  • anyway, EU and I still enjoyed this a lot since we (me especially) are a fan of wakame!
Edamame-5/6
  • $2.50
  • I am a fan of edamame! But surprisingly, it is not as "big" as I thought
  • the amount of salt they sprinkled on top is acceptable, even though I think they can still reduce the amount of it
  • again nothing to shout about because this is really common and does not require any skills
House Roll & Futomaki-4.5/6 for House Roll, 4/6
  • House Roll: $5/half order (5pcs) $9.50/order (10pcs)
  • House Roll: tuna, salmon, tamago, crab, tobiko, cucumber, avocado
  • Futomaki: $4/half order $7.50/order
  • Futomaki: crab, kampyo (Japanese pickle), tamago, cucumber, shiitake, tobiko
  • House Roll is their famous roll because of its size
  • maybe they don't look specially big in the photo, but compare them to the normal maki/rolls you see in a restaurant......AHA!
  • the House Rolls are really big, I can't even get them with my chopsticks!
  • have more fillings than rice
  • rice does not have much vinegar taste
  • seaweed is a bit bland
  • have a bit too much crab (to me)
  • prices are reasonable

Saba Sashimi & Toro Sashimi-4.5/6 for Saba, 4/6 for Toro

  • Saba: $4.95/5pcs $8.95/10pcs
  • Toro: $5.25/5pcs $9.25/10pcs
  • thick and chunky slices
  • as I've said, don't expect good quality sashimi from Banzai
  • reasonable prized
  • since I'm not a fan of Toro, that's why I only give it a 4

Like I said, do not expect high quality sashimi from Banzai; the food is still good though. If you just want to get filled up/craving for some Japanese food, you can come to Banzai. I'm sure you will be satisfied! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment