(To read my first post, please click here)
Totoro Bubble Tea
- The first stall you see when you enter the foodcourt is also called Totoro Bubble Tea, and they're both from the same owner.
- Have a location at Alexandra Rd (#2140-8391 Alexandra Rd, Richmond BC)
- Offer tempura and waffles
- $3.50/ea $6/2 waffles
- The waffle itself was crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.
- Despite they call the filling as "black sesame butter", it was not as thick as it might sound. The filling was actually a very smooth liquid.
smooooooother. Hong Kong Egg Puffs
- This may be the most popular stall in the foodcourt.
- The night market usually has more than one stall selling egg waffles (remember last year?), but this is the only one this year. Given that reason, everyone rushes to this one-and-only food stall for their egg waffles.
- They have four flavours: original, chocolate, strawberry, and sesame.
- The strawberry flavour one comes in pink, of course. BUT, the chocolate and the sesame ones look very similar! After hearing someone asking about the chocolate flavour, the lady explained they actually use chocolate chip.
- $3.50/ea $6/2 waffles
- Just by looking at it, I could already tell this waffle was an epic failure. Who on earth will roll the egg waffle especially when it is still warm??
- Japanese-style rice burgers
- Have three flavours: teriyaki beef, teriyaki chicken, and pork sausage.
- Other snacks available as well
- Has appeared on newspaper, and they are on facebook and twitter now. You can also visit their website here.
- I didn't try this, but I found it quite interesting to see the sausages piled up in a burger :D
- For the Teriyaki Beef Rice Burger, I didn't get a shot of that, but it is just regular teriyaki beef on a burger.
- The burger was small, but the chicken was all piled up!
- The chicken was surprisingly soft and the teriyaki sauce went well with the the burger.
- Local fresh seasonal fruits, and drinks available
- The price changes along with the season ;)
- Apart from blueberries, I also tried their other kinds of berries and cherries. They were fresh, and certainly gave me a refreshing moment after all those crazy snacking in the foodcourt.
All the foods I've tried are only a part of the Night Market's foodcourt, there are still a lot of stuff going on in there. Next time when you're bored or still want to hang around after all the malls are closed, go to Richmond Night Market and I'm sure you will have a great time ;D