Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2010

New Asia Deli Restaurant-By far the best Viet sub in Richmond

No, I am not craving for Viet sub recently; I'm just always curious to find the best Viet sub in Richmond. I actually planned to go to New Asia Deli on Monday, but it did not open for some reason, so I ended up in Pho Tai Hoa. Since I did not feel like dining in today, I decided to grab a fast dinner at New Asia Deli.

New Asia Deli Restaurant
1113-3779 Sexsmith Rd, Richmond BC (located at the Continental Centre)

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a
Price: 5
Service: 4.5
Ambiance: 3
Overall: n/a
  • Mon-Thur 11am-9pm Fri-Sat 11am-10pm
    Closed on Sundays
  • Dine in/Take out
  • Parking available
  • Both Vietnamese and Asian cuisines availble
  • Run by Chinese

Unlike many other Vietnamese restaurants, New Asia Deli does not offer a large variety of Viet subs; they only have five choices: Special, Meat Ball, Shredded Porkskin, Chicken, and Vegetarian. Maybe because it's not a 100% Vietnamese restaurant; it's more like a fusion to me.

Chicken Baguette-5.5/6
  • $3.75
  • Shredded chicken and cucumber with pickled carrots and turnips
  • You may not see the cucumbers; they were under the shredded chicken.
  • Similar to Viet Sub in downtown, they made their own sauce. THAT'S what made the chicken tasted so good!
  • The chicken was standard frozen ones, but it was softer than the ones in Pho Tai Hoa. I prefer the softer ones here ;)
  • The pickled veggies were tart, but I enjoyed them a lot. They also added a little kick to the salty chicken.
  • Surprisingly, the disappointing part was the baguette. It was way too crunchy for my liking. It would be so much better to have a soft baguette to go with the tender chicken. I will certainly give them another chance anyway because the chicken tastes impressive to me.

If you want to try their Viet subs, I truly recommend to give them a call about 10mins ahead. You want to eat a freshly-made baguettes, not the cold and hard ones. This can also ensures a baguette has already been reserved for you. When I was waiting for my subs, I overheard the lady in the kitchen said all the baguettes were sold out, and it was only 6:10pm!

New Asia Deli Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment