New Asia Deli Restaurant
1113-3779 Sexsmith Rd, Richmond BC (located at the Continental Centre)
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Mon-Thur 11am-9pm Fri-Sat 11am-10pm
Closed on Sundays
- Dine in/Take out
- Parking available
- Both Vietnamese and Asian cuisines availble
- Run by Chinese
Unlike many other Vietnamese restaurants, New Asia Deli does not offer a large variety of Viet subs; they only have five choices: Special, Meat Ball, Shredded Porkskin, Chicken, and Vegetarian. Maybe because it's not a 100% Vietnamese restaurant; it's more like a fusion to me.Chicken Baguette-5.5/6
- Shredded chicken and cucumber with pickled carrots and turnips
- You may not see the cucumbers; they were under the shredded chicken.
- Similar to Viet Sub in downtown, they made their own sauce. THAT'S what made the chicken tasted so good!
- The chicken was standard frozen ones, but it was softer than the ones in Pho Tai Hoa. I prefer the softer ones here ;)
- The pickled veggies were tart, but I enjoyed them a lot. They also added a little kick to the salty chicken.
- Surprisingly, the disappointing part was the baguette. It was way too crunchy for my liking. It would be so much better to have a soft baguette to go with the tender chicken. I will certainly give them another chance anyway because the chicken tastes impressive to me.
If you want to try their Viet subs, I truly recommend to give them a call about 10mins ahead. You want to eat a freshly-made baguettes, not the cold and hard ones. This can also ensures a baguette has already been reserved for you. When I was waiting for my subs, I overheard the lady in the kitchen said all the baguettes were sold out, and it was only 6:10pm!