Pages

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Miura Waffle Milk Bar-Interesting experience!

I don't like sweets, except for the Chinese desserts (think Red Bean Soup and Green Bean Soup, or even Mixed Bean Soup!). But the word "dessert" is always linked to EU since she is a fan of chocolate.

She introduced me to Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar on Denman Street two weeks ago, and it was surprsingly better than I thought; yet, I still prefer the bubble waffles rather than the Belgian ones. Anyway, I discovered there was a new(?) waffle store in downtown. "Waffle Milk Bar" reminded me of Orea which you can dip the cookies into the milk. So off we went to explore this interesting restaurant.


Miura Waffle Milk Bar
829 Davie Street, Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 5
Price: 5
Service: 6
Ambiance: 4
Overall: 5.5

  • Mon, Wed-Fri 9am-6pm Sat 12pm-7pm Sun 12pm-5pm
    Closed on Tuesdays
  • Run by a couple

  • As you can see their name, they serve savoury and sweet waffles, and also home-made milk which comes in two flavours: strawberry and coffee.
  • Aside from home-made milk, they also have yakult with milk (tastes sourer), and coffees.

  • Offer quite a lot of seatings; you can choose to sit outdoor as well.

Wasabi Salmon Waffle Sando-5.5/6

  • $6.99
  • Cooked salmon and lettuce topped with wasabi mayo
  • "Sando" means sandwich in Japanese.
  • I could smell the egg flavour of the waffle even though I could not really taste it, because the cooked salmon AND the wasabi mayo had too many things going on!
  • The cooked salmon was flaky and not mushy. Before my visit, I thought this would raw salmon, but I know that's somewhat impossible.
  • The wasabi mayo added a nice little burning kick to the waffles. I loove it! :P
  • Here comes the interesting part. When the owner was making the waffle, I realized he poured half the batter into the mould, then added one of the fillings onto the batter, at last he poured the rest of the batter onto it.
    On my waffle, he sandwich-ed the cooked salmon with the batter. It's really creative! I like the funny texture of the waffle.
  • No doubt, you can't expect the waffle to be crunchy. There were sauce and fillings inside the batter, so the waffle was relatively softer. That didn't really bother me though; I did enjoy this Salmon Waffle/Sandwich.

(Image from a little sweet treat for Eu)

Veggie Waffle Sando-n/a

  • $5.99
  • Spinach, mushroom, and cheese
  • The owner used the same method to make this waffle. This time, he sandwich-ed the spinach with the batter. EU also enjoyed her order, and we had a fun time "observing" the waffles ;)
Coffee flavoured Home-made Milk-5/6
  • $2.99
  • While we were waiting for the food, EU suggested we should try thier milk! Thus, we asked for some samplers for both flavours. I definitely prefer the coffee one since I'm a coffee fan, but I was also impressed by the strawberry flavoured one because it got strawberry seeds! I thought they would use powder instead.
  • It was silky with a smooth consistency. It was like the Chinese milktea but in a lighter form.

They didn't offer many waffle choices/drinks now because they are still quite new. I will certainly come back and try more waffles, and if they have new flavour for the milk, yeah I will sure try that too ;)

Miura Waffle Milk Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment