For that reason, I decide to merge these two things together, and turn it into a Red Bean Bun Challenge.
6060 Minoru Boulevard, Richmond BC (in Richmond Centre, next to The Bay)
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Mon-Tue, Sat 9:30am-7pm Wed-Fri 9:30am-9pm Sun 11am-6pm
- Parking available
- Popular Chinese bakery, also a well-known bakery in Hong Kong
- Drinks available (e.g. coffee, tea)
- Gets busy all day
- Small tables available outside the store for people to eat and drink
- Other locations in Chinatown, Metrotown, and Surrey
Red Bean Bun-2.5/6
- Topped with black sesame seeds
- The dough was too thin, so it was quite tough with the red bean paste.
- Nothing to shout about the red bean paste really. It was the regular ones I find in the store.
- On the other side, they did give me a generous amount of filling!
- This is only one of the three buns, and it sure looks huge here. In fact, it is just as big as my palm ;)
- Topped with some sesame seeds
- It wasn't loaded with grains but you can certainly find some in the bun. Also, the grains added crunchiness to the buns!
- However, the bun itself was not as soft as I expected; it was actually somewhat tough :/
- On the price, it was quite a good deal. Despite they are "mini" buns, a pack (3 buns) is totally enough for a quick snack/breakfast. (I'm sure about guys though. Maybe they will need two packs?)