Japanese Waffle House
#2210 4500 Kingsway, Burnaby BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
Food: n/a (I've only tried once)
Ambiance: n/a (despite it's individual location, it's still part of the food court)
- Run by a pair of Taiwanese couple
- Hole-in-the-wall; without EU's help, I probably will not try Japanese Waffle.
- Offer both savoury and sweet waffles.
- Egg waffles available
EU and I actually tried it yesterday. Light batter; it's texture was airy and really tasted like a mini cake! Even though it's not the texture we like, we did enjoy its special texture. Also, it's egg flavour was quite rich as I could smell it when the owner handed to me.
- Combo available (Waffle + Bubble Tea)
- Some ingredients were packed in small plastic bags. Maybe they want to balance the ingredients...? :S
- Made fresh right in front of you!
- Yes some ingredients are packed/divided into small plastic bags. but there are still some of them are stored in a box.
- I said no mayo, so the owner gave me pepper to give the ingredients flavour.
I was not paying attention when he added the pepper, so I had no idea how much he had added. At first, the pepper was alright, but after having few more bites, I found the owner might have added a bit too much pepper :(
- Ok, according to EU, this was THE thing-the purpose for me to try this store. I was really excited to take my first bite! It didn't taste like a waffle; it was like the freshly-made thins (if you understand what I mean)! Honestly, I was very surprised because I didn't expect something like this from such restaurant!
- They really gave me a decent amount of filling. But please notice, if the fillings include corn, you gotta be careful when you dig in!
- The bad thing was the waffle turned a bit soggy at the end...but I know there's no way to avoid it. Hmmmmm
- Originally, it was supposed to be Crabmeat & Corn; however, EU changed corn into lettuce. After my experience with the corn, I find EU's move is really sensible and wise.
- Again, EU did not want mayo, so the owner subsituted the majo with peppers. Her reaction? Same as mine; didn't feel anything at the beginning but thought it was a lil' too much later.
- As you can see from the picture above, they did gave EU a decent amount of crabmeat. For a crabmeat lover like her (esp. the fake ones), she surely enjoyed the waffle!
I will definitely come back for more waffles! :) Next time when you are in Crystal Mall and ready for a quick snack/dessert, don't omit Japanese Waffle! You will experience something new I'm sure haha ;)