Pages

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Cafe In at Kerrisdale

Sometimes I will like to spend the entire day sitting in a cafe and relax. Or I will finish running errands in the morning, then spend the rest of the day in a cafe. I've tried once last week at Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar (To see my previous visit, please click here), and this time, I decided to go to Kerrisdale, where has always been one of favourite places.

Instead of just walking along W 41st Ave, I went further this time. Until I saw Pastry Club Dessert Cafe and a hidden cafe, I stopped.


Cafe In
5707 Balsam St, Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: 4.5 (only based on the baked goods I've tried this time)
Price: 4
Service: 6
Ambiance: 5.5
Overall: 5
  • Mon-Fri 7:30am-6pm Sat-Sun 8am-6pm
    Holidays 8am-5pm
  • Run by Taiwanese
  • Parking is available along the streets, or you can park at the Kerrisdale Parking near the Canada Trust Bank
  • Free wi-fi
  • Popular to Chinese and locals

  • Comfy atmosphere; definitely a good place to hang out with friends :)
  • Use "Award-winning" Intelligentsia coffees
  • Not sure whether they sell hot chocolate or not, but they do sell Godiva Choocolates products
  • Use and sell Secret Garden Tea Company teas (Secret Garden Tea Company is actually located in 5559 West Blvd)
  • Muffins, croissants, and cakes available
  • Want some savouries? They also have wraps, and "fresh natural", home-made sandwiches.
Grande Hot Coffee
  • $2+ (I forgot the price.)
  • It was just regular hot coffee. I am not a coffee expert, so I can't tell whether the Intelligentsia coffee tastes special or not :P
Cranberry Orange Muffin-4/6
  • $2.14
  • They also have blueberry muffin.
  • When I tore the muffin into two, there was a pungent orange aroma came right out. I later discovered that the muffin had some orange zest that gave it a strong flavour.
  • The muffin was surprisingly loaded with cranberries, and they were not overly sweet.
  • The douge itself was quite dense. The muffin was not as greast as the other muffins I have had in the past though.
Banana Bread-4/6
  • $2.14 ($5.24(?)/loaf)
  • They also have Chocolate Banana Bread.
  • If you are lucky, they will have samples on the table for customers to try ;D
  • Topped with some dried banana chips
  • Similar to the muffin, the banana bread was also very dense.
  • I am a huge fan of banana products, especially banana flavoured baked goods! The bread did have banana flavour, but I don't think it has enough.
  • Tastewise, but it's definitely not the best banana bread I have had so far.

I know there are more other cafes in Kerrisdale, but next time before you enter any cafes along W 41st Ave, make a visit to Cafe In. It is really a nice, relaxing place for people to spend their afternoons :)

Cafe In on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. yup! they do have hot chocolates. They make them WITH their Godiva chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    Thanks for letting me know! I'm sure their hot chocolates must be really good too ;)

    ReplyDelete