Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bojangles Cafe in Yaletown-Seaview & Coffee

I was in Yaletown one late afternoon. When I planned to make a left turn to the Skytrain Station, the sparkling seaside just caught my sight right away. The weather was hot like crazy, but walking along the seaside was what people do during summer, right? So I changed my direction, headed to Pacfic Blvd...

There were A LOT of people when I got there; sitting outside the coffee shops, taking their dogs for a walk, cycling on the bikes, taking pictures of the wonderful seaside...As I continued to walk along the seaside, I saw Bojangles Cafe, which I've tried to look for it for a couple of times. Though I was not hungry/thirsty at all, I still decided to go in and take a look.
Bojangles Cafe

1097 Marinaside Cres, Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a
Price: 4.5
Service: 5
Ambiance: 4.5
Overall: n/a
  • Mon-Fri 8am-6pm Sat 8:30am-6pm Sun 9am-6pm
  • Free wi-fi
  • Street parking
  • The interior design is very homey and cottage-style, but definitely not the "homey-ness" of Arbutus Coffee.
  • It is very open-spaced and has a lot of seatings.
  • (Sorry for the dark photo.) There's outdoor dining, and if you see clearly, that's your seaview! It is certainly a good place to relax during summer.
  • Breakfast/Brunch available
  • They offer lots of choices in the menu: sandwiches, salads, muffins, cookies, scones, squares...etc.
  • Other than coffees, they have teas and bottled drinks as well.
  • Other location in West Vancouver.
  • I think this location is owned by a Chinese lady (not sure); most waiters are Japanese though.

I walked close to the counter and took a look at the baked goods they had. Since I was the only customer standing in the counter at that time, and the nice, all-smile Japanese lady already readied to serve me, I decided to order something at last.

Hot Coffee-3/6

  • $1.80
  • It was regular, not particularly impressive.

Mixed Berries and Raisin Bran Muffin-3.5/6

  • $2.25
  • The muffin top was crispy and I could already chew on the bran. Yum :)
  • I know muffins are supposed to be greasy; however, this was not as greasy as I expected to be.
  • Here comes the bad part. After I finished the top, there was barely any ingredients left. So I turned out to be having a regular Bran muffin at the end :(

Bojangles Cafe is a good place to relax and grab a quick snack (or have a breakfast/brunch if you like); but not the best cafe I've had in Yaletown.

Bojangles Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment