I woke up early one day (as usual) and felt like going for breakfast. Since I also planned to spend my day at Kitsilano that day, I decided to find a relaxing cafe there and grab a quick breakfast. Wait...Kitsilano? Isn't there a coffee shop I've always wanted to try?
So, here I came, the long-waiting Arbutus Coffee.
2200 Arbutus Street, Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Freshly brewed in house everyday
- It was served in a mug because I chose to stay there, and it came in one size only.
- They have four sizes for take-out though: 8oz, 12oz, 16oz, and 20oz.
- It was average; but not as rich as I thought.
- I love everything made made from banana! So banana loaf is kind of a staple for me in cafes.
- If you like to add some nuttiness/texture to the bread loaf, they also have Banana Walnut Loaf.
- I love poppy seeds, especially when it is mixed with lemon! I was struggling to order this or the Mixed Berries Muffin, but the poppy seeds just made me drool!
Another tick on my wishlist. Despite the food and the coffee are only average, Arbutus Coffee actually gives me more than I expected. Next time when you are around Kitsilano and want to find a quiet, relaxing cafe where you can spend the whole day, Arbutus Coffee is absolutely another great choice. If you also appear to be an antique/vintage fan like me, you will like its interior as well ;)