Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Buzz Cafe and Espresso Bar-Art + Cofee

I know there are quite a number of cafe posts going on in my blog, especially during the early summer. The reason is simple. It's because I was bored. As a result, I decided to visit the cafes that I have always wanted to visit: Arbutus Coffee, Bojangles Cafe, and Elysian Coffee.
I would go to Urbanspoon and see which cafes I was interested in :P There's one that caught my sight right away due to it's location and name. I know there is a gallery there in the corner but I never noticed there's also a cafe!

So, curious enough, I decided to go there and see what's actually inside this gallery...

Buzz Cafe and Espresso Bar
901 Homer St, Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a
Price: 5
Service: 6
Ambiance: 6
Overall: 5.5

  • Mon-Tue 7am-6pm
    Wed-Fri 7am-8pm
    Sat 8am-6pm
    Sun 9am-6pm
  • Dine in/Take out
  • Free wifi
  • As I have mentioned above, it is a gallery or the cafe is part of the gallery...
    (FYI: The gallery has different operation hours!)
  • It has 2 levels. The picture above is the upper level and it only has about 3 tables (not including the sofa though). The lower level has about 3-5 tables.
  • The upper level is very opened and big! I didn't walk around the gallery though. But when I was sitting on the table opposite to the paintings, I felt...small :/ (sorry for the bad description but that's really how I felt at that moment)
  • I like how the tables are separated. You can't really see who is there or you won't even know there is someone sitting on that table! High privacy.
  • Although I felt small(?) due to the widely opened area, it actually makes the atmosphere more relaxing. Plus, Buzz is playing some backgrund music (pop, jazz...) which makes the ambiance more homey...well, at least to me though :P
  • The service is just amazing. I love the cashier (I'm not sure he is the owner or not) so much; he is soo nice and friendly!
  • Sandwiches, wraps, paninis, and other baked goods are available. However, there isn't a large selection for the baked goods. I went there at 9am and nto all of them are available, hmmm...
  • The breakfast menu is on the wall, behind the cashier.
  • Cold drinks and teas are also available
Hot Coffee-4.5/6
  • $1.75
  • They use 49th Parallel coffee beans.
  • Tastewise. It was rich and taste and was served in a mug.
Blueberry Bran Muffin-4/6
  • $2.60
  • I ate half of it before taking a picture :( It was really yummy and chewy with bran included in every bite!
  • Right amount of blueberries, some dried shredded coconut...and they may have added some orange zest as well.
Banana Loaf-6/6
  • $2.50
  • Not trying to exaggerate anything, but this was probably the richest banana loaf I have ever had! It was very rich in banana flavour and moist. I was so excited when I took the first bite, and after this, I got another one haha :P (Yea I am kind of a banana-flavoured food addict.)

Next time when you need a place to hang out or relax or study, you can always come to Buzz and enjoy some coffees and food. Or if you just want to go to a place for inspiration, you can also go and visit the gallery. I didn't have the chance to take a look this time but I'm sure I will go there again :)

Buzz Cafe and Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment