So here it is, Elysian Coffee. It will definitely be one of my favourite cafes so far.
590 W Broadway Ave., Vancouver BC
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
Food: n/a (I will get to try more next time!)
Service: 5 (really friendly staffs :))
- Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
- Free wifi (there's the you can get in the cashier, with the password on the back, says its only available for 30mis...I used it for like 2hrs though :/
- A simple menu with only 5-6 drinks on the blackboard hanging on the wall behind the cashier. Also, no sizes for ANY DRINKS.
- All pastries, muffins are baked fresh daily in house from scratch.
- This was taken in the early morning when they just opened. You can choose to sit close to the window, which has a long table there. Or you can choose to sit on the tables.
- This was probably one of the best coffees I've had so far. (P.S. I'm not a coffee pro, so if I say it's good, I really mean it.)
- It was so smooth and rich in flavour. I almost order this everytime when I come here. It's like a staple. Now I understand why coffee can be addictive ;)
- To me, anything goes with poppyseed. I mean poppyseed is good, no matter it's used in muffins, or loaves, or whatever.
- Similar to other bread loaves, this was also quite moist. I remembered my fingers were sticky and had breadcrumbs sticking on them.
- It was rich in orange/lemon flavour. I think they might have added orange/lemon zests into the mixture.
- The funny part was I like how the poppyseeds pop when I chewed. This was surely tasted better than the one from Arbutus Coffee.
- Honey-glazed on the muffin, which made my hands really sticky after I finished.
- Really crunchy muffin top. The bran added extra texture to the muffin. Yum!
- The muffin also had raisins, which was a bonus!
- The muffin tasted just right even though it had pineapple and raisins inside.
- Another bonus: Don't worry that you will not get enough ingredients. I'm sure you can find bran and raisins in every bite ;)
- FYI: This muffin is piping hot in the early morning!
Overall, Elysian Coffee is one of my favourite cafes. I will definitely take the skytrain (in the early morning) just because of it! :D
And oh, I didn't know the exact prices of the things I ordered, but this came up a total of $7.75.