Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Elysian Coffee

VANCOUVERRR! This is one of the long-lost posts that are "supposed" to be posted this summer. This summer I got to go to a lot of different cafes that I've always to try, or actually I should say I will like to try any cafes that have wifi. Why? Because one of my summer vacay habits was to bring my laptop wherever I go. Aha, good memories, good memories ;)

So here it is, Elysian Coffee. It will definitely be one of my favourite cafes so far.


Elysian Coffee
590 W Broadway Ave., Vancouver BC

Ratings
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly

Food: n/a (I will get to try more next time!)
Price: 5
Service: 5 (really friendly staffs :))
Ambiance: 5.5
Overall: 5.5
  • Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
  • Free wifi (there's the you can get in the cashier, with the password on the back, says its only available for 30mis...I used it for like 2hrs though :/
  • A simple menu with only 5-6 drinks on the blackboard hanging on the wall behind the cashier. Also, no sizes for ANY DRINKS.
  • All pastries, muffins are baked fresh daily in house from scratch.
  • This was taken in the early morning when they just opened. You can choose to sit close to the window, which has a long table there. Or you can choose to sit on the tables.

  • Inside, you can also find a small "coffee bar", displaying the mugs, jars, coffee beans, and teas for sell.
  • A little note: Can you see a small door on the left, next to the displays? You can actually see them making pastries there! :D
  • All their coffees are roasted fresh weekly. Also, they are all organic!
  • They brew seasonal coffee beans, so their coffees will change from time to time.
  • Other than coffees, they also have a selection of loose leaf teas.
Hot Coffee-6/6
  • This was probably one of the best coffees I've had so far. (P.S. I'm not a coffee pro, so if I say it's good, I really mean it.)
  • It was so smooth and rich in flavour. I almost order this everytime when I come here. It's like a staple. Now I understand why coffee can be addictive ;)
  • Served in a glass cup. You will have to pour as much as you want into the cup.
Cranberry Poppyseed Loaf-4.5/6
  • To me, anything goes with poppyseed. I mean poppyseed is good, no matter it's used in muffins, or loaves, or whatever.
  • Similar to other bread loaves, this was also quite moist. I remembered my fingers were sticky and had breadcrumbs sticking on them.
  • It was rich in orange/lemon flavour. I think they might have added orange/lemon zests into the mixture.
  • The funny part was I like how the poppyseeds pop when I chewed. This was surely tasted better than the one from Arbutus Coffee.
Pineapple Bran Muffin-5.5/6
  • Honey-glazed on the muffin, which made my hands really sticky after I finished.
  • Really crunchy muffin top. The bran added extra texture to the muffin. Yum!
  • The muffin also had raisins, which was a bonus!
  • The muffin tasted just right even though it had pineapple and raisins inside.
  • Another bonus: Don't worry that you will not get enough ingredients. I'm sure you can find bran and raisins in every bite ;)
  • FYI: This muffin is piping hot in the early morning!

Overall, Elysian Coffee is one of my favourite cafes. I will definitely take the skytrain (in the early morning) just because of it! :D

And oh, I didn't know the exact prices of the things I ordered, but this came up a total of $7.75.

Elysian Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment