7/F Isetan Shinjuku 3-14-1, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
東京新宿區新宿3-14-1 伊勢丹 7/F
1:Yucks! 2:Improvement needed 3:So-So~ 4:Good 5:Very good 6:Heavenly
- Came with a mini appetizer, a Chinese-style fried rice, and a dessert.
- I didn't try this, but judging by my dad's reaction, he was really satisfied by this cheap and filling meal.
Chinese-style Fried Rice
- With some shredded egg, lettuce, and a few crab meat on top.
- The appetizer was the marinated vegetables.
- I am not sure about dessert. Is that a almond tofu? I don't think my dad tried it because he is not a dessert-eater.
- Came with an appetizer, a salad, and a miso soup.
- I didn't try this but my mom enjoyed a lot. She likes pork (especially fried pork). She also ordered a Cutlet Sandwich Set in Coffee Negishi :)
- Looks pretty, right? ;) That's why I ordered this right after I saw it on the menu.
- This set came with a lot of dishes; I will break them down below.
- Tasted average. It was a bit sticky and moist.
- You can choose either white or purple rice. I decided to go for the special one ;)
- Again, tasted similar to other miso soups I've had. The good thing was this soup was loaded with ingredients.
- I was not sure what sauce/paste they've used but still, the flavour was not enough in this dish.
- The eggplant and the okra were not crunchy; they were a bit too soft instead.
- It was smoother than I expected. This was not the typical ones I had in Canada/Hong Kong.
- The sauce did not overtake the tofu. It was very light that you could still taste the fresh bean flavour of the tofu.
- Came with a small section of yam and a thin beatroot.
- I chowed down the yam right away so that I could not really tell what it tasted like.
- Not everyone likes beatroot. I am not a fan of it but I do not mind eating some. It was a little bitter and crunchy.
- The fish was soft; yet, it would be so much better if they gave me a larger piece.
- There was not any dressing in the salad, so it was a little bit dry. (but that's ok for me)
- There were 2 small slices of tuna, and 1 slice of salmon sashimi.
- Actually, they are Green-tea mochis.
- I tried one of them, did not like it, so they ended up in my sister's stomach.
- My mother ordered dessert after her meal, which was Green-tea ice cream with a generous amount of red bean paste on the side (sorry that I didn't get a picture of that). Since my mother does not like red beans for some reason, I, being a good daughter, then "helped" her to finish off all the red bean paste :) YUM.